The way we communicate with ourselves reflects how we interact with others.
What are you secretly, quietly, and unknowingly telling yourself that is standing in the way of your business success?
If negative self-talk is a daily ritual, consider the following 11 phrases. These simple messages that I’ve been using for years can empower you while replacing the poison you’ve come to believe.
- Stay with it. Feel like giving up? Frustrated? Refuse to quit. Persistence often trumps brains.
- Get in there. Sometimes you can’t or shouldn’t wait for an invitation. You want something? Go get it.
- It’s all good. “You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars, you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should…Strive to be happy.”-Desiderata
- Yes I can. Avoid looking at why something can’t be done. Turn it around with positive energy and focus on why it can be done.
- I’ll do it. Don’t try. Commit to a positive outcome and get to work. Make it happen.
- One more time. Don’t give up. There’s always hope.
- Bring it on. You are so much better than you think you are.
- Step back now. Hasty decisions and impulsive responses create problems that no one needs. As tempting as it may be to react or get fired up, take a step back and pause. A few quick seconds makes a big difference in our communication and relationships.
- In the moment. Be fully present and engaged. “Where ever my feet are, my head is.” Relentless internal chatter pulls us into the past or propels us into the future. There’s no turning back to change the past and creating drama about something that likely won’t happen in the future deprives us what is right in front of us. Be in the moment.
- Too much stuff. We complicate things and situations. We over analyze. We go down rabbit holes. Simplicity is a beautiful thing.
- Not a word. Know when to speak up and know when to shut up. Not every statement requires a response. There is power in silence.
Which of these can you get started with right now?
I invite you to share your own easy breezy nuggets that keep you on the path to success, learning, and enlightenment.